"Unity and Discipline"
- National Cadet corps is a Tri-Services Organisation comprising the Army , Navy and Air Force , engaged in grooming the youth - 'The Leaders of Tomorrow' - into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
- Naval NCC of RBANM`s started in 2014 is been attached to 1-KARNATAKA NAVAL UNIT NCC and has total strength of 50 which includes 20 girl cadets.
- All the activities of NCC will start at the beginning of new academic year in the month of August/September.
- During the parade time various activities like drill, weapon training and theory classes on military subjects will be conducted to the students.
- Our College Cadets has represented our state in various National Level Camps like RDC (Republic Day Parade),NSC (Nau Sainik Camp).
AIMS OF NCC
The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
There are Three Certificates in NCC. Below describes about it from lower value to higher value:-
- Certificate - A : It can be written by JD/ JW cadets of NCC, cadets of class 8 & 9. After passing those classes it can't be obtained.The candidate must have attended a minimum 75% of total training periods laid down in the syllabus for the first & second years of JD/JW NCC(All Wings).The candidate must have attended one Annual Training Camp.
- Certificate - B :It can be written by SD / SW cadets of NCC, cadets after class 10 & those studying for +2, +3 (degree). In the second year of training they can appear for the same.The candidate must have attended a minimum 75% of total training periods laid down in the syllabus for the first & second years of SD/SW NCC (All Wings).He/She must have attended one Annual Training Camp/NIC. Cadets possessing 'A' certificate will be awarded 10 bonuses marks.An air wing cadet must do a minimum 10 Glide launches.
- Certificate - C :It is the Most important certificate for NCC cadet. Now it can be written in the 3 rd year of training, in the 3rd year of degree course / those having B certificate can write it in the first year after his +2 and in the 1st year of degree by SD / SW cadets only.The candidate must be possessing a 'B' certificate.Must have attended two ATCs or one ATC and in addition to it RD Camp Delhi,Centrally Organised Camp,Para Training Camp,Attachment Training with service units,National Integration Camp,Youth Exchange Programme,Foreign Cruise(Navy).
Associate NCC Officer/ANO
Mr.BANU PRAKASH H.V M.Sc., B.Ed.
Asst. Prof.(DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS)
Members of NCC - Naval Unit Committee
Mr. Banu Prakash H V
NCC Navy Programme Officer